Recognising the importance of customer service and professional integrity and reflecting a genuine commitment to the inherent strengths of the Dealership’s products and services; assist prospective customers with vehicle enquiries for the purpose of selling new and used vehicles and achieving sales key performance indicators. In particular:
1. Achieve weekly, monthly and annual performance goals, as determined by immediate managers or the Company’s systems and as relates to matters of:
· Customer service expectations;
· Sales and delivery targets;
· Appointment enquiry and lead generation rates; and
· specific Dealership objectives and policies.
2. Develop and maintain good customer relations which lead to effective sales outcomes and high rates of long-term customer retention by:
· acknowledging all customer contacts with a professional and courteous approach using the Bayford selling system as a sales process,
· using the ERA computer prospecting system to store prospect and customer records as a means for future follow-up by phone or letter,
· using the Martec telephone enquiry system to gain a high rate of sales appointments following an incoming phone enquiry.
3. Maintain the Vehicle Showroom, personal workstation and personal appearance to a standard of presentation which reflects well on the Dealership and which will create a favourable impression with customers.
4. Ensure that the vehicle lot is up to standard, and that “L” forms are displayed, vehicles are lined up and that necessary displays are changed twice a week.
5. Read, respond to and, as appropriate, file Dealership documentation for the purposes of:
· ensuring teamwork between departments and the smooth running of the business,
· the prompt actioning of customers needs and the effective completion of administrative matters such as relates to stock control, vehicle delivery or the payment of commissions and sales and product issues.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY:
· Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
· Take all reasonable steps to ensure that no one is injured as a result of their actions
· Actively monitor the workplace to determine the presence of hazards and take appropriate action to rectify any hazards found
PERFORMANCE & EFFECTIVENESS MEASURES
Measures used to monitor the effectiveness to which these duties are being performed include but may not be limited to:
· Sales Report (monthly-checked daily)
· Delivery Report (monthly-checked daily)
· Customer Service Report (monthly-checked weekly)
AUTHORITIES & DELEGATIONS
Specific authorities held by the position are:
· negotiate with customers concerning the terms and conditions of sale
· recommend to manager the terms and conditions of sale for approval to close
· perform final inspections of customers’ vehicles prior to handover
· handover or deliver customers’ vehicles
· Current drivers’ license
· Sales license where applicable